Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem

Secret Of Solstice Guild AKA Noodle's Nut House

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tazsbigtoy
Admin
tazsbigtoy

[b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]   [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:36 pm

As the major support system for parties, the Accolyte is the power behind heavy hitters. Our healing abilities and buffs make the strong stronger and able to deal and take much more damage. This allows everyone to get more experience and loot in less time. Of course, in return, we expect our share of loot and experience, fair is fair. lol!

After reaching level 16 and going to Reinmouth for a class change you will have to reset your stats as instructed and unequip everything. Then you will be transported to Essene and be outfitted as an Accolyte. You will have 3 spells to learn. I hope you like them because they are going to be with you a LOOOOONG time. Illusion Quake is the only damage dealing spell you will get until level 56, so make friends with it. It reduces a targets hp and slows its movement. Minor heal is your other spell. It allows you to heal yourself and others. This will make people like you a lot. You will get invited to all the best parties. Spirit freezes a target with no damage done for a very short period of time. It will allow you to distance yourself and cast another spell, such as heal. Hitting a monster you spirited will release him early however.

Soloing for an accolyte isn't bad at first. I did a lot of soloing until around level 40 when the experience seems to come really slow. Keep in mind that we can't take many hits. I would recommend sticking to maps where the monster's names are white or light blue. Other characters can get away with attacking pink-names mobs, but our damage dealing isn't that good, so unless you run backward while casting and drinking mp pots really well, take care.

An excellent alternative is to duo with a more powerful character. By your level 30's you ought to be getting into a few parties anyway and this will let you get cracks at faster experience.

You will gain some more spells too. At level 21 you get bless and poison clear. Poison clear lets you restore friends who have turned green back to their normal color. Bless will let you add defense points to yourself or others for a few minutes. This will make you even more popular. At level 26 you get fist up which lets you increase the attack and magical attack power of yourself and those you choice to cast it on for a period of time. Bless and fist up are your 2 major buff spells.

These spells advance in levels as your level rises. Your next new spell is unbuff, which is used to remove a buff randomly from a target. This is used mainly for PvP. On the other hand, if a player in your (or another) party annoys you, I guess you could use it to remove there buffs in hopes that a monster might munch them. affraid

At level 41 you get holy cure, which removes some debuff spells like bleed. Some mobs can hit you with a bleed that is immune to holy cure though. Also it does no good against magic spells. Another reason that we get invited to a lot of parties happens at level 46 and is called revive. Providing you have an insignia of life on you, you can restore a deceased person to life. The amount of hp and mp they have when they come back varies as to level, so when you first get it, you might not want to revive someone in the middle of a mob.

At 51 you get meditation, which you can cast on someone to speed up mp recovery for 90 seconds. This can be helpful if your tank is burning mp pots using skill to kill a mob. Level 56 gives oblivion, you second destructive spell. This one reduces hp and continues to do so for 17 seconds, it slows movement a little. Unfortunately it doesn't stack except in PvP, and you can't use spirit on a mob you've hit with oblivion. The last new spell you get as an accolyte is ghost steal. It comes at level 61, so I don't have it yet. My understanding is that it combines the effects of oblivion and spirit to some degree.

Armor for acco's is crap. I didn't see any with ap until firewood. The best you can find is the +1 or +2. Do the best you can but don't stress or spend a ton of money. It will probably be armor of water or air before you find any ap. That's a shame since we need the stuff bad.

Building your accolyte.

The stat build for your accolyte is simple.

The most common build is to make sure you have enough power for your next staff, then dump everything into intelligence. This will make your spells the most effective.

Another alternative is to put every 4th point into wisdom to increase mp.

Yet another build is to add occasional points to men. This should speed up casting time and increase critical hits. In practical terms, it takes adding about 12 points to men to do any good and since this will be points that don't go into intelligence to increase spell effectiveness it seems wasteful.

Another alternative is to add to stamina to increase hp making you harder to kill.

Given a choice I would go with all intelligence or the 3:1 intel/wisdom model although I might make it 4:1 as mp can easily be increased with assessories.

At level 45 you have the option to become a disciple and turn into a fighter who can heal and buff himself and sort of partial heal others. Not being a disciple I can't tell you a lot about them. At level 66 you can remain an acco and get level ups of your spells but no new ones or become a cleric and get new stuff. I will add a second post on cleric once I become. I still have 10 levels to go so it might be a few minutes. lol!
Back to top Go down
Balron

Balron

PostSubject: Re: [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]   [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:30 pm

Vary nice, and so true. Much love to the acc. cheers

Balron

6x squire
Back to top Go down
Sai_Kunogi

Sai_Kunogi

PostSubject: Re: [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]   [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 pm

So long... so detailed... I gave up reading half way ><

but i'll definitely read the cleric post cause I"ll need it ^^
Back to top Go down
tazsbigtoy
Admin
tazsbigtoy

PostSubject: Re: [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]   [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 am

Sorry Sai, maybe I should have made it 2 or 3 posts.

Anyway, you should know most of it. The mid 40's was my hardest leveling time for some reason. You are almost through it. So far the 50's haven't been that bad, but it seems you have gaps where all you get new for leveling is that stat point and maybe to wear a new pair of shoes, lol, and it don't matter what they call them they look the same.

Oblivion and IQ 3 are loads of fun. You have to watch oblivion though because you can only cast it once per critter and after you oblivion them, you can't spirit them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]   [b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[b]Accolyte / Cleric Guide[/b]
Page 1 of 1